Job Title: CDL A Driver
Location: Portage/ Kalamazoo, MI
Are you a hard worker who enjoys working in a fast paced environment? Are you interested in building a career as a CDL A Driver with one of the top building materials suppliers in the country? If so, you can get started today by applying to become a CDL A Driver at our Portage/Kalamazoo MI location. We offer training for licensed drivers, no previous driving history required.
Headquartered in Dallas, TX, Builders First Source is a $6+ billion dollar company with 14,000 employees in 40 states who is the leading provider of building supplies for homebuilders and remodelers. At Builders FirstSource you will have the joy of working for a company with a nationwide reach but a local impact where you will be able to see how your work shapes your community.
Our full time employees enjoy competitive compensation, as well as being eligible for company benefits. Apply now to become part of an award-winning team helping homebuilders and homebuyers in your local area through our website at http://www.bldr.com/careers/
Drives delivery vehicle and/or truck-trailer combination to transport material to customer sites. CDL driver operates vehicle weighing 26,000 lbs. or greater GVWR; vehicle 26,000 lbs. or greater towing a trailer that may exceed 10,000 lbs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists customers with unloading material safely and accurately, taking precautions to protect product and customer property.
- Required to use a hand-held device, except while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS.
- Verifies order details and maintain log of deliveries, including amounts and/or weights, mileage and locations of deliveries. Check items against invoice to ensure accuracy of order.
- Acts as customer service liaison. Handles customer concerns and helps to resolve issues as they arise.
- Maintains service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
Location hours are Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Closed on weekends
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), 21+ years of age, a valid Class A CDL license. Willing to train licensed CDL-A Drivers. Must be able to pass MVR report and obtain a DOT medical card. Forklift certification
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.