Job Title: Truck Driver
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
Division: Allied Eagle
Drive to correct destinations to load and unload freight and ensure accuracy, maintain a positive friendly attitude when dealing with customers, and always perform safety inspections on your vehicle.
- Complete a safety inspection check and complete a safety report on the vehicle the driver is assigned to that day.
- Make sure that every order dropped off to a customer is checked in with the customer to ensure the product being dropped off matches what is on the customer’s paperwork.
- Notify customer service if incoming or outgoing freight is damaged or the count is incorrect.
- Give all paperwork completed that day to the warehouse manager
- Notify customer service if there is an issue with an item or the count of an item needs to be adjusted.
- Fill out a return report when picking up product from a customer for a credit
- Put all C.O.D payments in a C.O.D envelope and give to the order desk when you arrive back to Allied
- Always follow any special instructions posted on the customers delivery ticket
- Be polite and courteous to customers and all other co-workers.
- Uniforms must be worn at all times while at work
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- Must be able to lift items repetitively that may weigh up to 160 lbs.
- Must be able to move any items that may weigh more than 160 lbs. up to 5000 lbs. using a hand cart, pallet jack or Hilo.
- Must be able to handle working in cold (0 F) to hot (95 F) temperatures in the warehouse area and while out on the road.
This position requires the employee to work in an outdoors environment. Conditions include, but are not limited to, hot, humid summer-like conditions and cold/winter conditions. Roads will be wet/slick when raining and or snowing.
- Must have a valid CDL class B driver’s license with Hazmat and Airbrake endorsements and have an acceptable driving record.
- Must have an acceptable criminal history.
- Must be able to read and write to complete any necessary paperwork.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen.
- Have experience operating a Hilo and pallet jack.
- Must know how to properly use load locks/cargo straps.